So over the weekend I got an email saying that the blog I Love The Way You Lied nominated my blog for The Versatile Blogger Award. First off, I was super excited even though I had no idea what the award was, and secondly I thought that I definitely had to continue this award nominationing-ness.
The rules for the Versatile Blog Awards are:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award picture on your blog post.
My 7 Random Things About Myself
This may actually be good to do because I haven’t really told everyone much about myself yet in my blog. Don’t worry, I will make this interesting. I won’t subject you to thinking that your about to read some “back in the day” MySpace (nice name drop) bulletin board “About Me” survey. Jeez, remember those? The only people ever interested in reading all those things that you’d post about yourself were your mother if she could get a hold of it and possibly someone who had a crush on you. But in your mind, EVERYONE was interested in every aspect of your life and it must be shared monthly. And yes, I filled out a lot in high school too except everyone DID want to learn about every aspect of my life because I actually AM extremely interesting. True Story. So here we go:
1) I live in New York City and work at a big media company. I can’t say what company in case for some reason I write something in here that may get me into trouble but just choose one that you would like to imagine me working at and it’ll be close enough. I got extremely lucky (actually it wasn’t really luck, I worked my ass off to get 4.0’s for most of my semesters and worked non-stop) and was offered a job soon after my internship ended. Landing my current job often makes me think of myself as a kind of Wunderkind (a person who succeeds at a comparatively early age; child prodigy) because 1. Awesome-sauce to be considered one and 2. During this time, getting ANY job quickly out of college makes anyone a Wunderkind to me, let alone a job working around celebrities, television, and concerts.
2) My father died of lung cancer when I was 15. Because of this I have never even tried one cigarette in my 22 years of existence. I have no idea what one tastes like. However, in high school I did try cloves (oh my god, remember cloves?) and a black and mild, but never a normal cigarette. If I ever catch my future children smoking cigarettes you better believe that they will pay dearly. I mean, there’s so many more enjoyable things in life to die from then smoking a plant and smelling terrible, like eating McDonalds & other foods with chemicals in it, drinking alcohol and doing extreme sports. I wouldn’t want to limit my children to death from such a silly thing. But seriously, STOP SMOKING! My grandpa also passed away last Halloween from lung cancer as well. I was also diagnosed with pre-cervical cancer cells that I’ve been fighting to keep away since I was 18 and I am a Cancer (the crab) astrological sign. So yeah, cancer has been a huge part of my life and I often let my paranoia take me too far into thinking that these are all signs pointing toward my ultimate demise.
3) I am a super nerd and look for ways for me to become even more nerdy. Nerds, Dorks, Geeks, Weirdos…they honestly have the most fun in this world. They don’t care about what other people think, they do what they enjoy to do and do it proudly. My unique nerdiness comes from my love of Pokemon (still to this day), video games (mainly older ones), graphic design, and computer hacking/management (meaning I can’t build computers or code software but I can help you perform cool things on your computer you may not know how to do and get you unlimited media). I have a stuffed Mew doll in my room, am currently playing Kingdom Hearts for PS2, and have read a fair amount of comic books in my day.
4) I used to be chumby. I weighed 150 at my biggest during my first semester at college and then slimmed down to weigh 115. I went from a size 12 to a size 2 in a little under a year. I kept it off for a long time but sadly I’ve gone back up to 125 but as you can see from my most recent picture, I am by all means NOT fat. Just have a little extra pudge I need to work off when the holidays are over. Just to prove my story, I posted my before and after picture on the right.
5) I’ve worked so many different jobs before the one I have now. From my first to my most recent I was a: deli clerk, a hostess at a restaurant, a cashier at a supermarket, a photographers assistant (I only lasted about two shoots lol), a cashier/sales person at a pool store, a counselor for a paint ball camp (only lasted the first week), a retail sales associate, a college Chairman’s assistant, an intern, a waitress, a production assistant, and a promoter for a gentleman’s club (it’s not what you think, we just wore T-shirts with the club’s name and passed out cards). I’m not a gentleman’s club promoter anymore obviously (worst job ever) but I don’t want to give out my current job title.
6) I once had a pet hedgehog. His name was Shaymin (Shay for short) and he was the coolest pet I ever had. He was pure evil however. The funny part of this story is that I only got to have him as a pet for one summer. I had found him off craigslist in May because I was lonely and wanted a cool animal. However, it was an impulsive buy and I didn’t do my research that said hedgehogs are illegal in New York City. For anyone else who didn’t know, ferrets and chinchilla’s are also not allowed in New York City. Weird right? So I had to make a decision, it was either to sneak my hedgehog into my new apartment and travel with him on the train when I had to go home and pray no one saw me or to get rid of him. Obviously I knew that if I had to sneak a hedgehog around, I was going to have constant panic attacks that the police were going to hijack Shay and put me in jail. (because this is NYC’s police 1st priority, I don’t know if your aware) I decided to do the right thing and find Shay a new home. It was actually super easy, I found a nice women who had other hedgehogs already and knew how to take care of them better then I could have. I miss him whenever I see my pictures of him.
7) I make a less annoying and cuter Snooki “Meh” noise. Like if something falls, or I can’t reach something, or just feel like crap. I will make my “Meh” noise. My boyfriend has gotten so accustomed to it that if I make the noise, he usually knows what I want or did. I also make the “Eh Eh” noise when I need something but can’t get or do it right. Yes, when you have me in your life it is almost like being around a tiny creature that makes cute noises to communicate. This inevitably has caused my boyfriend to constantly say “use your words.” And when that is said, I am once again a 5-year-old and it actually feels awesome. I loved being 5, my imagination was kickass, no need for video games or movies during those days! Just give me a cardboard box.
The 15 Blogs I Nominate:
1) I Love The Way You Lied – The person responsible for me posting a blog about this award and thus must get the first nomination on my list. Her blog itself is actually awesome, I’m glad she helped me to find it by nominating me. She was cheated on and is now blogging about it. I was cheated with my first boyfriend and although it was puppy love, it still hurts to this day when I think about it so I have tons of respect for her. It happens to the best of us!
2) The Ranting Liberal – One of the first people to ever write something on my blog and for that he has to be on here. Although I absolutely hate politics, Dave’s blog is actually pretty entertaining to read.
3) Fibromy-Awesome – Fell in love with this blog after reading 15 Things White Girls Do on Facebook. Pretty entertaining blog about pretty much everything. Her Dad died from cancer when she was young like me
4) Cult of Otis – I am a fairly new cat owner but a complete dog person. So I have searched blogs to find one to read about other cat owners that could make me laugh yet learn. This is definitely a good one.
5) Live, Nerd, Repeat – This blog is so entertaining to read and relate to for me. Love the cartoons that go along with each blog post. I gotta start doing that!
6) The RIB – I love when women get together and show just how awesome and funny we can be. One of my favorites to read!
7) Will Date for Free Food – Three Boston girls in their mid-20s share their dating stories. How could that not be entertaining to read?
8) Topicless Bar – I love people who find the humor in life like I do and this is exactly what this blog is all about.
9) Reasons Why I’m Still Single – It’s exactly like the title.
10) Smiling Mommy Blog – Although I can’t relate a lot to the blog because I am not a Mommy (thank god because I can barely take care of myself) I love reading her blog and learning what it may be like if I choose to someday become a working Mom of 3.
11) Tillie’s Tales – Tillie is young and weird just like me. Love reading her blog posts and relating.
12) Miss Renaissance – Blogging about food AND fashion? My perfect combo!
13) The Middlest Sister – Such adorable fabric art and really cute stories. I wasn’t the middle sister but I was a middle child so I can relate!
14) Balding Boy – Came across this while trying to find blogs to nominate and it’s actually pretty funny.
15) Nailing Jello to a Tree – I think I really like this blog because of it’s name but overall I enjoy reading this parenting blog even though I’m not a parent.
Ok, so this took me 4 hours to finish and I still need to notify people that I nominated them. Jeez, this is a whole day project! I will hopefully be posting again today for a normal entry. I don’t even know how you know who wins or how they choose but…whatever, hope I win! And if not, then at least you all just learned tons about me and have some new blogs to read through.